Are you a lover of all things spicy? Then you will love this healthy, vegetarian, Spicy Pad Thai recipe!
Pad Thai noodles are delicious and super healthy when you add all of your favorite fresh sautéed vegetables. This easy to prepare meal is flavored with ginger and garlic and then smothered in a creamy peanut sauce.
To add some heat, Sambal Oelek chili paste is added to the sauce. One tablespoon for a medium heat, double the amount if you want some extra fire added to this dish. Whatever amount of spice you add, you will love it!
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dehydrated grated ginger ( I used dehydrated ginger for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ¾ cup sliced sweet onion
- ¾ cup zucchini sliced
- ¾ shredded carrots
- ¾ chopped broccoli
- ¾ pea pods
- ¾ chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon of chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- 4 tablespoons PB2 (peanut butter powder)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- prepare rice noodles according to directions on the box or bag and set aside
- when the noodles are soaking, chop all vegetables leaving the garlic and onion separated
- mix peanut butter powder with water
- add soy sauce and chili paste and mix well
- gather remainder of measured ingredients and place on your workspace next to your stove
Sautéing the Vegetables:
- using a wok or large sauté pan, heat vegetable oil on medium high heat
- add onion and sauté 2 minutes
- add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minutes until flagrant
- add the rest of the chopped vegetables and cook until slightly tender
- add rice noodles to the wok and mix well
- add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar and toss
- add peanut sauce and toss until all the noodles and vegetables are covered.
Another great recipe! I skipped the chili paste and just used the peanut sauce which was perfect for us. This was my first time cooking a rice noodle dish. It was fun to try something new, loved the veggies and will definitely add this recipe to my fav’s list.
glad you liked it, I am a big fan of spicy dishes so I am glad you liked it without the chili paste. You can also add sautéed chicken or shrimp into this as dish.