Kid-tested, and mom-approved, this air fryer popcorn chicken bites recipe is perfect for getting your child or toddler to eat a healthy dinner or snack.
Getting kids to sit down long enough to eat an entire meal can be a real challenge, especially when it comes to toddlers. So what makes a dish appeal to those little appetites? Color, brightness and easy to hold foods! Kids just love little bite-sized foods like these air fryer popcorn chicken bites!
I used ground organic chicken instead of cut pieces of chicken, making these popcorn chicken bites easy to chew. No hard to swallow chunks! The spice combo was perfect as they were tasty, but not too spicy for little tummies! So much healthier than those frozen varieties that are full of fat and too much salt.
I wanted to serve these chicken bites with two brightly colored sides that kids can’t resist. Then, I put this meal to the test on my own grandchildren! Kid-tested, mom-approved, air fryer popcorn chicken was definitely a hit in my house!
Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken Taste Test Results:
Have questions about food safety? Check out the link belong for safe food handling guidelines.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- place the chicken in a mixing bowl
- place all the spices together in a small bowl with the cornstarch and baking soda and whisk them together
- add the spices to the chicken
- in the same bowl you used for the spices, beat one egg with a fork and then add it to the mix
- using your hands or a fork blend the chicken and the ingredients together until it is fully mixed
Rolling the Popcorn Chicken Bites:
- place bread crumbs in a bowl
- roll a small amount of chicken mix into a 1 inch ball and roll it in the breadcrumbs to coat it completely and place on a baking sheet
- repeat the above process until all of the mix is used up
- lightly spray the chicken bites with cooking oil on all sides
Air Frying the Chicken:
- place about a third of the chicken bites into your air fryer
- set air fryer on the chicken setting and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat the process until they are all cooked