If you are a pistachio lover like me, you will love these muffins! These Cherry Pistachio muffins are simply to die for, but there is one problem..you may not want to stop eating them!
Yes, I know not everyone likes nuts in their muffins, but the pistachios certainly do pack a punch when it comes to energy. Not only are they delicious, pistachios are full of good for you nutrients! Pairing them in a muffin with cherries and you have a muffin with some real health benefits!
The muffin itself is a basic recipe with almond flavoring, but what really sets this one apart, is the added chopped nuts and cherries. Paired with coffee, the flavor is perfect to get me through these early morning blog posts! Enjoy!
Makes 8 jumbo muffins
- 2 cups of frozen cherries thawed and drained
- 1 cup chopped roasted pistachios
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar+ extra for sprinkling tops
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- preheat oven to 375℉
- blend butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- add almond extract to the butter and sugar and then eggs in one at a time and blend thoroughly
- combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and whisk together
- add half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar with half of the milk. Blend with a fork. Then add the rest of the flour and milk and blend together well.
- fold in the chopped pistachios and cherries into the batter
- fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full
- bake for 30 minutes. *for a bakery-style muffin, sprinkle coarse sugar or granulated sugar over tops prior to baking