Only a few short weeks of summer left and I am feeling the urge to make a delicious summer pasta. I can’t think of any better combination than lemon and pepper! These flavors are commonly used to spice up all kinds of meats and fish, so why not lemon-pepper fettuccini?
This lemon-pepper fettuccini is light with the essence of lemon juice and black pepper. You can use it as a delicious main course or side it with your favorite steak or chicken. You don’t need to spend lots of money on gourmet flavored lemon-pepper pasta, you can make it right at home!
This recipe is super fast and easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. The flavor is unique and lemony with a minimal garlic essence as not to overpower, just one small clove added. Freshly grated black pepper takes it up a notch to deliver that full-bodied flavor!
Garnish this dish with Pecorino Romano cheese and parsley as these always seem to give food that fresh summer flair, so sprinkle away!
- 8 oz. fettuccini
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- juice and zest of one fresh lemon
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated black pepper
- 1 ladle of water from pasta pot
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Fast and Easy Preparation:
- in a medium sized pot, cook pasta according to package instructions, use only enough water to cover the pasta when boiling
- melt butter and vegetable oil together in a skillet on medium heat
- add garlic and cook for 1 minute then add the lemon juice, zest and black pepper and reduce heat to low
- when pasta is done cooking, add 1 ladle of pasta water to the lemon pepper sauce and then drain the pasta
- toss drained pasta into the sauce and serve immediately with a parsley and grated cheese garnish