Sometimes, even with your best efforts at making something delicious, you end up with a not so satisfying result. That is why this is not a recipe for The “Best Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins”, but instead it’s a warm goat cheese and strawberry salad. After a day of baking and taste testing lemon poppy seed muffins, this body was pleading with me to feed it something green.
Walnut-crusted Goat Cheese Salad
I usually make this with fresh blueberries, but tonight it will be strawberries. Warm goat cheese is splendid on a salad, even better if it is walnut-crusted. Top it off with Balsamic Dressing and it’s a winner.
Just so you know, the “Best Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins” are soon to come! I won’t be defeated!
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 4 cups Spring Mix Greens
- 10 Strawberries
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- preheat oven to 375 ℉
- cut ends off strawberries and chop into chunks.
- place 2 cups of salad greens into two bowls and top with strawberries.
- slice goat cheese into 4, 1/2″ slices
- place walnuts in food processor or magic bullet and pulse 2-3 times and then put the ground walnuts into a bowl
- brush both sides of the goat cheese with olive oil
- roll all goat cheese slices in ground walnuts one at a time and coat both sides evenly
- place goat cheese slices in a baking pan and bake for 7 minutes until warm
- place 2 slices of goat cheese over salad greens in each bowl
- drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette