Sometimes, even with your best efforts at making something delicious, you end up with a not so satisfying result. That is why this is not a recipe for The “Best Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins”, but instead it’s a warm goat cheese and strawberry salad. After a day of baking and taste testing lemon poppy seed muffins, this body was pleading with me to feed it something green.
Walnut-crusted Goat Cheese Salad
I usually make this with fresh blueberries, but tonight it will be strawberries. Warm goat cheese is splendid on a salad, even better if it is walnut-crusted. Top it off with Balsamic Dressing and it’s a winner.
Just so you know, the “Best Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins” are soon to come! I won’t be defeated!
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 4 cups Spring Mix Greens
- 10 Strawberries
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut ends off strawberries and chop into chunks.
- Put 2 cups of salad greens into two bowls and top with strawberries.
- Slice goat cheese into 4, 1/2″ slices
- Place walnuts in food processor or magic bullet and pulse 2-3 times and then put the ground walnuts into a bowl.
- Coat both sides of the goat cheese with olive oil.
- Roll all goat cheese slices in ground walnuts one at a time and coat both sides evenly.
- Place goat cheese slices in a baking pan and bake for 7 minutes until warm.
- Place 2 slices of goat cheese over salad greens in each bowl.
- Drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.