Delicious Chicken Prata
You will just love this recipe! Italian at it finest. This recipe was printed in the Providence Journal many years ago. Just one of the recipes my Dad saved and collected in the homemade cookbook made just for me! This just happens to be one of my family’s favorites. I hope you enjoy it!
- ½ lb. Farfalle pasta
- ½ lb. chicken breast sliced into one inch pieces
- Italian salad dressing
- 2-4 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of sliced black olives
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- ½ cup cream 1 oz. vodka (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons of butter
Putting it all together…
- slice the chicken into ½ ” X 1″ thick pieces and drizzle with salad dressing. Let sit approx. 30 minutes.
- chop prosciutto, garlic, roasted pepper, olives and spinach (I like to keep each item separated in small bowls until I am ready to make the sauce).
- start water for boiling pasta and cook pasta according to box directions.
- take the chicken and sauté on medium heat until fully cooked and set aside in a bowl.
- using the same sauté pan, heat butter and oil together on medium heat until butter is just melted.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.add prosciutto, cook for 2 minutes.
- add roasted red pepper, black olives, and spinach. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- add marinara and cream and cook for one more minute
- on low heat, add vodka and reduce for about 5 minutes and add the sautéed chicken to the sauce . Season with salt and pepper.
- drain pasta when ready and pour the sauce over top.