Fried Prosciutto Salad with Chicken, Blue-Veined Gorgonzola & Avocado!
Did you know that when you fry up prosciutto, it becomes a perfect, thin, crispy topper? This time it will be topping a salad of fresh mixed spring greens, and sided with chicken, blue-veined gorgonzola cheese, and avocado!
This salad is a re-creation of one I recently ordered from the Marriott Airport Hotel in Montreal, Quebec. I’m not sure if it is exactly the same, as I was pretty excited that moment to be leaving for Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic with my husband the very next morning. Hence the reason for ordering a salad in the first place, but this one really did make quite an impression.
I suggest using a mild tasting dressing to go on this salad, as the cheese is pretty tangy in itself. My particular choice was white balsamic vinaigrette. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
This is an easy salad to make and fancy enough for entertaining!
Ingredients: Makes 2 large dinner salads.
- 2 thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- pinch each of salt & pepper
- pinch of poultry seasoning
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1 package of prosciutto (3 oz. or 85 grams)
- 1-2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese (56 grams)
- 4 cups spring mix greens (145 grams)
- white balsamic vinaigrette 2 tablespoons for each serving (14 grams)
Putting it together:
- brush each chicken breast with vegetable oil and season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- grill, or broil chicken until cooked. *This chicken was cooked on an indoor grill/panini maker for about 15 minutes)
- while the chicken is cooking, carefully separate the prosciutto by slice.
- fry the prosciutto on medium heat on a griddle or large frying pan.
- when the prosciutto is crisp, place it on a plate covered with a paper towel
- remove chicken from heat when it is thoroughly cooked and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- slice the chicken into strips
- slice cheese into thin strips or crumble into small pieces.
- slice avocado into thin strips
- place 2 cups of salad greens on each plate
- place the sliced cheese, chicken and avocado around the salad greens
- top the salad with the crispy prosciutto
- drizzle with your favorite salad dressing
Not the recipe you wanted? Try out these favorites.