So we have definitely been lacking sunshine and warm temperatures here in New Hampshire this year. Now it seems as though spring has finally sprung! That is why, when the opportunity presented itself for some grilling time, I took it! You can too by making this easy and delicious grilled salmon recipe! So cumin and have some grilled salmon!
Salmon with the bright summery flavor of lime. Seasoned with butter, garlic and cumin, this salmon recipe brings life to your barbecue! Side your fish with lemon basmati rice and asparagus for the perfect trio!
Salmon is always a good choice when grilling, it has a meatier texture and like swordfish, it stands up well on the grill. Unlike the skimpier varieties like sole or tilapia, the fish holds together well when cooked, and without the use of tin foil.
When cooking fish on the barbecue, I always use a grilling pan to avoid those “oops!” moments of pieces of your fish falling through the grates and into the flames. Loving seafood the way I do, I am not about to let that happen! Happy grilling!!
serves 4 average appetites
- 1 ½ lbs. salmon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- zest of 1 small lime
- juice of ½ of a lime
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish ( my choice is definitely cilantro, but seeing that my husband thinks it tastes like soap, I used parsley 🙄)
Preparing the Salmon Marinade:
- in a small bowl, add lime zest, garlic, butter, cumin and lime juice and mix well
- preheat grill on medium high heat
- spray your grill pan with cooking oil, place the salmon on top
- brush on the lime marinade over the entire fish fillet
- close the barbecue lid and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork
Thank you for sharing. I would love to eliminate grains as well. Did you take out potatoes as well? Ok, what do you eat the squash with or drizzle on top? Loving it.