Why does the term “leftovers” have such a negative connotation? Some may think of leftovers as ” not good enough to finish last night”. Now, I don’t actually think of leftovers that way, but I have opted to cook a whole new meal the next night when I know darn well I should be reheating yesterday’s dinner.
Sure leftovers have many great uses. For instance, when you wake up knowing you have plenty of leftovers for lunch that day, giving you that few extra moments of coffee time or cuddles with the kids before your back at the daily grind. Or maybe you had a meeting that ran late and you’re leaving work an hour later than usual, you can just grab, reheat, and ” Voila”, dinner is done! I get it, leftovers can be great. But sometimes they just don’t have the same appeal they had the night before.
For a food blogger, that can mean either not blogging that day because you have too many leftovers already, wasting food, or taking those leftovers and reinventing them altogether. Besides, if you reinvent them, it’s really like not having leftovers at all. Not being into intentionally wasting food, I opted for reinvention! Let’s take a look and see what is in the fridge!
My refrigerator leftovers today are 2-day old meatloaf and garlic parmesan artisan bread. With a little ingenuity, I had a grilled meatloaf and cheese masterpiece. I added some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce Sauce and cheddar cheese making these grilled sandwiches delectable! So next time your fridge is getting full of those Next Day Delectables, get creative and make your own fabulous dish! Leftover meatloaf no problem, I’ve got you covered……
- 1 ½ slices of leftover or freshly made meatloaf
- 2 slices of your favorite bread ( try my artisan garlic bread recipe)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 slices of deli cheddar
- 2 tbsp butter or magarine
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
Putting Together a Masterpiece:
- Melt butter in a saute pan or on griddle
- place bread slice in pan and top with cheese.
- warm meatloaf slices in microwace for about 1 minute
- Place meatloaf over cheese in the pan then spread some BBQ sauce on top.
- Place other slice of bread on the top of meat and spread some butter on the top. Flip sandwich over and cook until both sides are golden.
- slice and enjoy!