Wouldn’t you like to fall in love? Well, there is no denying the real thing after all…and just like that..this dessert will make you fall in love with pumpkin all over again!
Pumpkin is a Thanksgiving staple, so if your pumpkin pie needs a little facelift, why not try this pumpkin cheesecake trifle! This dessert truly is the epitome of everything delicious in one trifle bowl.
This trifle starts off with cinnamon graham crackers for the bottom layer, then a delicious layer of baked pumpkin pie filling. But the creme de la creme of this dessert is the cream cheese and whipped cream layer that is infused with pumpkin pie spices.
This Thanksgiving dessert is light, creamy and the perfect ending to Thanksgiving dinner!
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 2 cans pureed pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 2 cans evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 packages softened cream cheese (8oz) each
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
Base and Center Layer
- 1 packet of cinnamon graham crackers
The Pumpkin Layer
- prepare a two, 9″ cake pan with parchment paper or spray with baking spray
- combine all ingredients for the pumpkin pie layer in a mixing bowl, blend on medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
- bake filling for 60 minutes or until middle is completely set. ( I used two 8″ cake pans for baking).
*allow the pie filling to cool completely before assembling the trifle
The Cream Cheese Layer
- blend the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla and spices on medium speed until smooth
- add whipping cream and blend on medium high until light and fluffy
Layering the Trifle
- place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of the trifle dish
- place a layer of the pumpkin filling over top of the graham crackers and smooth it out using a spoon or rubber spatula
- place a layer of cream cheese filling over top of the pumpkin layer
- place another layer of graham crackers over the cream cheese layer, then repeat the process until your trifle bowl is full . *For this decorative look, reserve some cream cheese filling and using a pastry bag , pipe dollops of filling around the trifle and sprinkle with cinnamon, also delicious with whipped cream topping