This week My Loving Oven is on the road and headed East! Northeast to be exact to Nova Scotia for some special time with the grandkids and I can’t wait! So this may not be the fastest lasagna in the east, but definitely pretty darn quick and easy.
I love to travel in our RV, but unfortunately, I don’t have all my favorite cooking gadgets and tools with me. Frankly, they just wouldn’t all fit, not that I haven’t tried. So when it comes to meals in the RV, it has to be simple and improvisation is the key!
Simple doesn’t refer to frozen or packaged, it just means easier. Tonight I will be making lasagna for the gang and we will be eating dinner at the campground.
For the lasagna, I used no- boil lasagna noodles as it saved an entire step of boiling noodles and also one less dirty pot to clean. I used two loaf pans as they are the perfect size for the much smaller RV ovens and also makes for easy serving. Let’s see how this all comes together!
*you can also use one 9″x11″ baking pan following the same layering directions but covering the entire bottom of the pan with no-boil noodles
Ingredients for Quick and Easy Lasagna:
- ½ package of Barilla No-boil lasagna noodles (or similar brand)
- 1½ lb container of ricotta cheese ( I used whole milk ricotta)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried or dehydrated oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pepper
- 1 lb package of Italian sausage ( without casings)
- 8 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 oz. jar of marinara sauce
- sauté Italian sausage until well done then drain excess fat from sausage if any
- add ¾ of the marinara sauce to the sausage (about 18 oz)
- in a separate bowl mix together ricotta cheese, oregano, salt & pepper and the egg
Fast and Easy Layering of the Lasagna
- start by spraying a loaf pan with cooking spray and place one noodle at the bottom of two 4″x4″ loaf pans
- spread the cheese mixture on top of each noodle
- layer some meat sauce over the cheese mixture
- layer the shredded mozzarella over the meat sauce
- repeat the layering process again starting with the noodles, then ricotta and meat sauce and mozzarella then for the top one noodle then marinara to cover
- cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes
- add some mozzarella over top for the last 15 minutes of baking time