Delicious and slightly spicy shrimp stir fry. Shrimp sautéed with red bell pepper, garlic, onion, broccoli and fresh basil. This easy shrimp stir fry is placed over a fragrant jasmine rice for a fresh and healthy meal.
Loaded with fresh veggies you can get your daily veggie intake in just one delicious meal! This recipe is great for entertaining, just cook rice ahead and prep all the veggies and you can be serving this stir fry in about 15 minutes!
Want more spice? Just increase the crushed red pepper or add in some chili paste to spice it up even more. Enjoy!
- ½ lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1½ cups chopped white mushrooms
- 1 small onion (about ¾ cup)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- cook rice according to package directions. *generally 1 part rice to 2 parts water
- while the rice is cooking, rinse, peel, and devein shrimp and remove all tails
- chop all veggies and set aside keeping garlic and basil separate
- heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a wok or skillet on high heat and sauté the shrimp until it is pink and firm and set aside in a bowl
- add 2 teaspoons of oil into the same sauté pan on high heat, then add the chopped vegetables accept for the garlic and basil and cook until tender about 7-8 minutes while tossing
- when vegetables are tender add the shrimp back in with the garlic and basil and cook for about 3-4 minutes
- add in the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and crushed red pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes while tossing the mixture to coat the veggies
- place the shrimp and vegetables over the cooked rice