When cooking for a group or large family, you can’t beat a casserole, especially in the winter months. Hearty comfort food is the very best to warm you from the inside out on a cold blustery day. Casseroles can be a great choice for entertaining, because you can prepare them ahead, and pop them in the oven when you’re ready to. If you happen to have a delay setting on your oven, you can even put in the oven, set your timer and temperature to start and you can run your errands, and come home to dinner waiting for you. Convenient!
This evening it will be Broccoli Chicken Casserole. This recipe always surprises me by how good it tastes. You wouldn’t think those simple ingredients such as rice, chicken, and broccoli put together could render something so scrumptious, but by adding a few special ingredients and you have one warm and cozy casserole. This is one of those recipes you will want to make again and again. Simply yummy!
Prep time 1 hr. 30 minutes. 4-6 Servings
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups blanched broccoli
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of milk ( fill empty soup can)
- 4-5 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread cooked rice into bottom of dish and place chicken over top of rice then broccoli on top of chicken.
- In a small bowl mix together mushroom soup and 1 can of milk. Pour the mixture over top of broccoli. Next, cover the entire casserole with Swiss cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Melt butter and mix with breadcrumbs. Then, add the bread crumb mixture on top of cheese, and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and golden. Enjoy!