Fresh seafood has always been a mainstay here in New England and one of my all time favorites seafood dishes to prepare is Shrimp Scampi over linguini. I have made this recipe so often I feel like I could make it with my eyes closed. Let me tell you what makes this recipe so good.
I use fresh or frozen uncooked shrimp for this recipe. Why not use frozen precooked shrimp? The answer is simple….better taste, and better texture. I have tried to make this recipe with precooked frozen shrimp and the shrimp ends up with a mushy texture. Cook the shrimp from the raw state, it makes a difference.
My favorite thing about this recipe is its simplicity. Simple ingredients and fast to prepare. This is the perfect dish when entertaining friends, it is sure to impress! Serve it up with some garlic bread and a side salad and you have one delicious meal.
- 1 pound thawed uncooked shrimp ( remove tails and shells)
- ⅓ box linguine
- 4 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of reserved water from the pasta (optional). This helps the sauce grab onto the linguini.
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to the box directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add butter and oil to saute pan and heat on medium-low heat.
- Heat until butter is mostly melted then add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add shrimp to saute pan and cook until fully pink. Next add lemon and wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved water while stirring, until you get a lightly creamy texture cook 1 minute and add parsley.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Drain pasta when ready and place in the pasta bowl. Top with shrimp scampi and serve immediately.
Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese on top if you like and enjoy!!