Why not get your morning off to a great start with this Florentine inspired breakfast? If you love spinach and feta together, you will love this delicious Florentine Scramble.
Why I love this recipe:
The Florentine Scramble recipe is great when entertaining guests for the weekend , serve it up with breakfast sausage or bacon and your guests will be fully satisfied.
This recipe is also a perfect brunch addition. Heartier than eating just plain old scrambled eggs. You can try this with many different variations by adding some red onion or maybe by omitting the mushrooms altogether if you’re not a fan. Prefer mozzarella or cheddar over feta? No problem, it’s still a Florentine dish if the spinach remains!
PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion ( for garnish)
- ¼ tsp salt & pepper
Making the Scramble:
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in saute pan on medium heat. Cook mushrooms until they are soft.
- Add spinach to sauteed mushrooms and cook just until wilted. Set mushrooms and spinach aside.
- Whisk together the eggs with the milk.
- On medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter then pour in the egg mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula continue to turn eggs until they are a soft set texture.
- Next add mushrooms, spinach, and feta cheese. Cook until the cheese is just soft and the eggs are firm. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with chopped green onion garnish (optional)
Read a little about the city of Florence here.