Whether you are making pizza dough from scratch or buying dough from the supermarket, you can have a delicious crust made in your own kitchen. Have you ever tried to stretch out pizza dough onto a pan with olive oil on it and trying everything to get it to stay in that stretched position on the pan? It can be very frustrating. Here are a few tricks to help you avoid the frustration.
- Turn oven on at highest temperature. ( do not use convection)
- Start with dough that has reached room temperature.
- Take an old cookie sheet, you know the one, that old, blackened, non-stick cookie sheet that you just haven’t had the chance to throw out yet. This will make the best pizza crust!
- Smear cold Crisco shortening onto the pan. Using Crisco, instead of oil, helps the dough stick to the baking sheet.
- Stretch your room temperature dough out to the edges of the pan.
- Very Important Step here —>Let the dough sit in the pan for at least 15 minutes to rest in the stretched position, otherwise, it may shrink in the oven once the Crisco heats up.
- Put your favorite toppings on the pizza
8. Place your pizza in the oven on the second rack from the bottom of the oven.
9. Cook for about 10-15 minutes. This will vary based on how hot your oven will get.
10. Cool just enough not to burn the roof of your mouth when eating. ( Sometimes this is the hardest part!).