Blueberry Butternut Medley is a delicious and festive side-dish that will really get those butternut squash lovers excited! Have you ever noticed that people tend have a love or hate relationship with squash? You hardly ever hear someone say ” its ok”, or “its so-so”. Comments I usually hear are ones like, ” I love squash!” or, ” YUK!”. Not too often will you find people who are wishy-washy on the subject.
I am one of those people who love it. That sweet buttery flavor of butternut squash is one I look forward to every Thanksgiving. In fact, I am always trying to convince my husband how much he is missing by not eating this wonderful fruit ( that’s right, it’s a fruit). This recipe was my attempt at getting him to like butternut squash.
Did it work? No, I am sorry to say. So for all you butternut squash lovers out there, this one is for you!
This delicious medley is flavored with clove, cinnamon and ginger which makes the flavor perfect for autumn.
Blueberry Butternut Medley Ingredients:
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash ground clove
- 1 dash ginger
- 1 dash salt
- cook butternut squash by steaming or boiling until it is tender, about 10 minutes. ( steaming squash keeps it from becoming soggy when cooked)
- in a skillet melt butter on medium heat and add sugar and spices.
- add in drained butternut squash mix until thoroughly coated in sauce.
- add in blueberries and lower heat. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- let cool slightly and serve warm.