Fresh Atlantic salmon is my favorite fish. Not only is it easy to prepare and quick to cook, but it’s also a healthy option for dinner.
I cook seafood often and living in a New England state like New Hampshire, we have some of the freshest seafood available.. Salmon has a meatier texture similar to swordfish and tuna, and it pairs very well with a variety of flavors. Whether it is garlic, lemon and lime or maple, it is easy to whip up a delicious salmon dish with just a few items that you have right in your own cupboard.
This recipe was an experiment that turned out to be delicious and I am happy to share it. Leftover fish can easily be used by placing it over your favorite salad greens for a healthy and satisfying lunch. Yum!!
- 6 salmon portions
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preparing the marinade.
- Mix together maple syrup, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper .
- Put salmon portions in a bowl for marinating.
- Pour marinade over fish portions and let sit for 30 minutes.
- While fish is marinating, move cooking rack under broiler. Turn on broiler to preheat.( I used the top rack for this recipe) *If using an outdoor grill, turn grill on medium heat and use a grill pan so fish doesn’t fall through grates while cooking.
- Remove fish from bowl and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush on any leftover marinade.
- Broil fish for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn portions over and broil other side for 5-6 minutes
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Note: Whenever possible, I