When it comes to quick and delicious, you can’t beat a homemade Alfredo sauce over pasta. It is great choice when you need a really satisfying meal in less than 30 minutes!
The pasta of the day will be egg noodles. I really like egg noodle pasta for this dish because the noodles remain light and fluffy even when they are soaked in that amazing cheese sauce. It is a great summer alternative to the traditional fettuccini, and it makes for a fancier looking plate.
This simple Alfredo sauce has two cheeses, Pecorino Romano and Ricotta and it makes a deliciously light creamy Alfredo sauce. Broccoli is my number one choice to add to this pasta dish because I love it so much! This makes a delicious side dish or serve it as the main meal. For a heartier meal, side this with grilled chicken, or try adding sautéed chicken right in the sauce as that works fantastically well!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- ½ bag of egg noodles or 6 ounces
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese + a little extra for garnish
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- red pepper flakes ( optional garnish to kick it up a notch!)
Easy to Make:
- bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan for the egg noodles
- add egg noodles and cook for 4 minutes
- add the broccoli florets into the pot with the egg noodles for the last four to five minutes.
- in another saucepan, melt the butter on low heat and then add a clove of minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- whisk in both cheeses, cream and salt and pepper cook on low heat.
- when pasta and broccoli are tender, drain completely and then place in a pasta bowl
- pour the Alfredo sauce over the pasta and broccoli, garnish and serve immediately
*sprinkle with freshly grated Romano cheese and some red pepper flakes