When you cook frequently, you try to incorporate techniques and tools that make your job easier. I am talking specifically about gadgets. I love using gadgets when I cook. Well, let me rephrase that, ” I love using gadgets that work”.
I have a kitchen full of gadgets, some work…some don’t. Here are some of my favorite products that I use on a regular basis. They have all been stalwarts and deserve some recognition.
- Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups (BL660) works amazingly well and is the second most used appliance in my kitchen, the first being the coffee maker, of course. The motor is powerful and can handle a number of tasks. It can be used for hot and cold blending and can pulverize ice perfectly. It will make the best smoothies or frozen cocktails. One of the best features of this blender is the removable blade. You can make a pitcher of your favorite drink, remove the blade and then store it right in the refrigerator. It also does a great job at turning oats into oat flour and grinding flaxseeds. I can’t say enough about how much I like this product. Did I mention that it also comes with 2 single serve cups with lids? Nice!!
Ninja Professional Blender
- OXO SoftWorks Swivel Peeler– yes, it is only a potato peeler, but do you know how hard it is to find a potato peeler that actually works? Well look no further, this one is it. It’s sharp, so it peels with ease, and best of all, it is very comfortable to hold in your hand. No more awkward handles that cause pressure in the palm of your hand. Incredibly, it never seems to dull. Oh, and it’s an Oxo product…enough said.
The best potato and vegetable peeler.
- LiebHome Food Grade Quality Manual Sausage Maker Meat Stuffer Filler Hand Operated Salami Maker Funnel Hand Tools (Sausage Stuffer Barrel) I have to admit that when I purchased this product, I wasn’t expecting much. I thought to myself “How good can this product work when it costs so little?” Well, on the contrary, I was pleasantly surprised. This little gadget was so easy to use and considering how little it costs it is extremely durable and completely dishwasher safe. It is a great little investment if you want to try your hand at making homemade sausages. Just fill the cylinder with your sausage mix, slide on your sausage casing and give it a twist, so easy! Try it out with my Homemade Hot Italian Sausage recipe.
Inexpensive Sausage Stuffer
- OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner with Storage Lid– I recently purchased this when my ancient salad spinner finally ” bit the dust”. Salad spinners are just fun, they twirl your greens and dry them quickly just like a kid on an amusement park ride! This one has a removable top with a storage cover so you can store your fresh greens in the container itself, very convenient!
- BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black– when it comes to coffee, I don’t fool around. Coffee is a serious subject, and this is a serious coffee maker. There are no auto functions on this coffee maker so you won’t be programming it the night before. Instead, you will wake up, pour the water in and within three minutes you will have a full pot of delicious coffee. I’m not kidding…three minutes! The water reservoir stays hot all the time so it is always ready to brew. Once you try it, you’ll never go back to your old auto-drip coffee maker.
6. Back To Basics Apple And Potato Peeler
– This little gem will leave you smiling. My mom had one of these and when I came across it in a Vermont country store I just had to have it. Easily peels, cores and slices apples with the greatest of ease. It is also a fun way to get kids involved in helping you bake! They will love to do the cranking for you and will enjoy the spiral apple slices as a snack. I use mine every time I make homemade apple pies because you can peel and slice all your apples in no time at all.
Back to Basics apple peeler
I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favorite products. Please comment below or email me with your favorites so I can also give them a try!
Save 20% on first order at Titlenine.com