What would we do without potatoes? It’s hard to fathom isn’t it? They make the perfect satisfying side dish for any meal. Mashed potatoes with butter, cream, egg, and now with an added savory rosemary infusion! These Rosemary Duchess Potatoes are the perfect side for your Filet Mignon or Norma’s Pork Tenderloin!
When making mashed potatoes, I always use an electric mixer. It takes ordinary mashed potatoes to the next level! Ok, I know they are “whipped potatoes”. Whipping potatoes, instead of mashing, you get a much lighter texture that you control by the amount of liquid and air added into them. That is what makes these Rosemary Duchess Potatoes rich and creamy, and oh so good!
makes 4 servings
- 4 medium white or yellow flesh potatoes
- ⅓ cup light cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- peel and dice potatoes boil until they are tender to pierce with a fork
- preheat oven to 425℉
- boil potatoes until they are tender enough to pierce a fork through them
- in a small bowl, blend egg, with cream and add in rosemary, salt, and pepper
- when potatoes are cooked , drain out water and place into a mixing bowl and add in the egg-cream mixture
- with an electric mixer, blend on medium speed until potatoes are light and fluffy
- scoop potatoes into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown slightly