When any old pizza just won’t do, this specialty pizza will definitely satisfy the hungriest appetites! You can make this delicious, spinach and sun-dried tomato stuffed pizza for dinner and surprise your family and friends with pizzeria-style pizza! It is easier than you think…so mangiamo!
Yes, I love to make my own homemade pizza dough, but you can easily make this with store bought dough. This delicious pizza is filled with sun-dried tomato, spinach, garlic, cheese, and pepperoni. I topped it off with marinara and Romano cheese and then baked in a cast iron skillet to make the crust especially crispy. This one literally slid out of the pan by sliding a spatula underneath. Enjoy!
- 1 lb pizza dough at room temperature
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese + some additional for the top of the pizza (optional)
- 1 cup marinara
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Step by Step Stuffed Pizza
- grease pan thoroughly
- split the pizza dough in two and spread ½ of the dough so that you have about 2 inches around the sides of the pan
*you may find it easier to roll out the dough first, but it isn’t necessary
- next spread the sun-dried tomato onto the dough
- add the fresh spinach.
- on top of the spinach, add the olive oil, garlic, and the red pepper flakes
- add the cheese and pepperoni
- take the other ½ of the pizza dough and shape it into a disc.
- place it over top of the pepperoni and pressing the edges of the pizza dough together
- spread on the marinara and top with Romano cheese
- allow the pizza to sit for ½ hour to an hour to allow the dough to rise a bit more
Baking the Pizza:
- preheat the oven to 450℉
- place the pizza on a lower rack in the oven and bake for 35 -45 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the pan
- if adding additional cheese on top, place on the top of the pizza for the last 10-15 minutes of the baking time
*for a vegetarian pizza, just omit the pepperoni, or swap the spinach with steamed broccoli for another delicious vegetarian pizza!